Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break!!

So, here I am on Spring Break and loving every minute of it. I know what many people say about teachers and our breaks, but until you are in our shoes you will never understand the absolute need for this break. As much as I love each of my students it is in their best interest and mine to have a break from one another. Hopefully we can all come back with new refreshed attitudes and can finish up the year with a bang. Really I just need to get through TCAP testing and I will feel like a million bucks. I am trying very hard not to think about this stupid test that will consume 4 days of my students and my lives but it finds ways to creep into my head. Beginning next week I will have a very consistent prayer each night. I will pray for my students and their brains and pray that we all successfully make it through this long test.

On the other hand these breaks make me realize that I am very glad to have a job. Don't get me wrong I love the time off, but I am not sure I could do this all the time. I turn into one lazy person and there is only so much vacumming and dusting you can do. I miss my coworkers when I am off and realize quickly that work gives me a purpose and a goal to work towards. So here is too my job!! I love working and I love these nice breaks equally as much!!!

No comments: